Which documents do I need?
It helps to be well prepared before you start to fill out your tax return. For example, we suggest you collect up the following documents during the course of the year and have them to hand:
- Salary statement
- Statements of bank or post office accounts
- Securities statements
- Private pension statements (3rd pillar)
- Statements of special payments into your occupational pension fund (2nd pillar; regular payments are recorded on your salary statement)
- Summary of medical expenses
- Summary of professional expenses
- Receipts of further training courses
- Receipts of any donations made
- For home owners: all documents concerning property tax, mortgage interest, bills for maintenance and renovations, running costs and administrative costs etc.